Relocating to LA?
There are so many reasons to relocate to—and love—the LA area. From outstanding employment opportunities to stunning mountain vistas to some of the most vibrant and iconic entertainment scenes in the country, LA has something for everyone. If you're new to the area, finding the perfect place to call home can seem like a lot, but we're here to help make it just a little bit easier.
Why Should You Relocate to Los Angeles?
So Much Fun
Whether you like the big-city entertainment of Downtown LA or Hollywood, the vibrancy of smaller cities and towns, or the fresh air of mountain recreation, LA County has something for everyone to enjoy.
LA has some of the most unique and varied neighborhoods of any metro area in the US. You'll find stunning mountaintop ranches and estates, cozy small-town communities, urban and walkable big-city neighborhoods... and more.
Home to major businesses and organizations such as the University of California, Kaiser Permanente, Northrop Grumman, Providence Health, Walt Disney, Paramount Pictures, and more, LA is a fantastic place for career-minded folks.
Featured Los Angeles Homes for Sale
Los Angeles County at a Glance
Burbank to Downtown LA: 20 min
Glendale to Downtown LA: 15 min
Pasadena to Downtown LA: 20 min
LA to San Diego: 2.5 hours
Median Home Value: $615,000
Median Rent: $2,100
Major Cities: Los Angeles, Burbank, Pasadena, Glendale
Communities of Los Angeles County
There are so many wonderful cities, towns, and neighborhoods in the LA area, it's hard to pick the best ones. And everyone's different, with unique preferences, tastes, and needs, so everyone you ask is going to give you a different answer about the best communities in LA. But here are a few of our local favorites.
Nicknamed the "Media Capital of the World" for its abundance of recording and production companies, Burbank is so much more than this name might suggest. It's got all the perks of big-city living with plenty of unique small-town charms.Explore Burbank
With excellent public schools, police, government, libraries, and parks, plus a low crime level, it's no surprise that fast-growing Glendale was a finalist for the "All-American City" award given by the National Civic League.Explore Glendale
Pasadena sits right on the edge of LA, but it's a world of its own wonders, with a vibrant arts scene, thriving nightlife, tons of entertainment, breakthaking outdoor recreation, and fun that truly never stops.Explore Pasadena
Tucked between rugged mountain peaks in the tranquil Santa Clarita Valley, LA County's third-largest city is home to some of the most spectacular outdoor recreation in the area.Explore Santa Clarita
Los Angeles County Helpful Relocation Tips
With the right resources and the right real estate professional on your side, you'll have the keys to your beautiful new home in no time. Follow these tips to make your move as easy as possible.
Plan Your Move Ahead of Time
Begin planning for your relocation at least a month or two before your move. The sooner you can pack and coordinate with the moving company, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up: Boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap are essentials for a hassle-free move.
- Start small: Begin packing one room at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Packing by room will help you stay organized, too.
- Be selective: Don't bring it all! Host a yard sale to get rid of any unused items, or consider donating to a local charity.
- Label everything: Save yourself a major unpacking headache—organize and label all boxes by room.
- Pack fragile items last: Be sure to wrap glassware in bubble wrap, towels, or clothing for extra protection.
As Moving Day Approaches
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing all of your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Change your address: Don't lose important mail, bills, or other documents. Be sure you forward your mail with the post office!
- Set up utilities: To ensure you've got power, heat, and water before moving in, call these utility companies ahead of time to get them switched into your name. You may also want to call internet and phone providers.
During the Move
On moving day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials bag": This should include anything you can't live without for a few days, should your moving truck arrive late our you don't unpack right awway—a change of clothes, any important paperwork, medications, and a phone charger.
- Make an "open me first" box: Pack a box with the essentials that gets opened first. Think: toilet paper, soap, towels, silverware, tools, etc.
- Clean first: Cleaning's much easier in an empty home! Before you fill your new home with your things, take some time to vacuum, dust, wipe, and give everything a good cleaning.
Relocate to Los Angeles with an Expert
Los Angeles communities offer no shortage of beautiful properties and homes for sale. As your local real estate experts, we can help you find your dream home quickly and easily. Connect with us and let's talk about your home buying plans.